The Cityview Operates in a Sustainable Manner
We at The Cityview do many things to help protect the environment such as conserving energy and water, reducing waste, and operating in a sustainable manner. Environmental sustainability is a key part of our corporate commitment to responsible business operations. During your stay with us we hope that you’ll come to understand how it’s often the little things that, when multiplied across a number of people, make a very big difference to the health of our planet.
The following are sustainability practices that you might notice while staying with us at The Cityview. These represent just a sample of the hundreds of policies and actions we take daily to protect the environment, care for host communities and foster a sustainable local economy.
See if you can spot them while enjoying your time with us:
- We recycle paper, plastic, metals, glass, oil, garden waste, soap and even the hotel’s furniture and linen.
- We separate hotel rubbish into recyclable and non-recyclable items and compact all waste before disposing it.
- We use energy-saving light bulbs and water-saving taps and shower heads.
- We use energy-saving devices and electrical goods whenever possible.
- We provide shark-free menus in our restaurants and banqueting services. We also grow herbs and lettuce from our own organic garden for our restaurant delicacies and we source food products locally whenever possible. Periodically The Cityview also provides low carbon-footprint menus.
- We donate surplus food to charity for the needy and have installed our own food waste composting facilities to transform food waste into fertilisers.
- We provide biodegradable room amenity packaging and our toilet paper includes recycled pulp content.
- Instead of changing daily, we replace bed linens and towels only upon guests’ requests during their stay to conserve natural resources.
- We have created our own eco-wall to cultivate seasonal plants, using thousands of waste plastic bottles. We also use rain water to irrigate all in-house flora, keeping them fresh and beautiful.
- We give preference to local personnel and hire services from local contractors and vendors.
- We use cleaning products and pesticides that are biodegradable and gentle on the environment.
If you have any questions regarding any aspect of our sustainability programme, policies or practices, please feel free to speak with us or send us an email at: email@example.com.